We are a midlands-based nursery, approx. an hour from Dublin and an hour from Galway. Due to expansion we are currently seeking a Nursery Production Manager to oversee daily operations of production whilst supervising up to 35 Staff.
Duties and responsibility
- Must be ambitious and highly motivated individual who will work on their own initiative, whilst being responsible to the Managing Director.
- To monitor and manage the production of crops.
- Supervision of staff and organizing work rosters.
- To ensure all production process are running with accuracy and efficiency.
- To think and plan strategically and work proactively with other department heads.
- Ensure production is on track and targets can be met.
- A flexible work ethic to all tasks and a genuine interest to grow the business.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to be a good team leader.
- Qualification in Horticulture at minimum advance Level 7.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Nursery / General production in horticultural operations.
- Good attention to detail in all daily tasks.
- Strong person-management skills with positive attitude.
Salary Negotiable depending on experience.